I will no longer work for Nigeria - Samson Siasia




Siasia-Dalung-NL





– Samson Siasia says he would not work for Nigeria as long as the NFF structure remains – The coach says he was never appreciated for the work done with the U-23 Dream Team. Siasia also gave his views on the manner in which the team was flown from Atlanta to Manus Following the Dream Team VI success at the Rio Olympics, head coach Samson Siasia says he will no longer work for Nigeria due to the ill treatment he and the team suffered. The Dream Team were left stranded in the US just days ahead of the Olympics and arrived Manus, Brazil five hours before their first match against Japan with they eventually won 5 – 4. Reports from the camp claim Siasia and the Dream Team were left to fund for themselves and it also emerged that captain John Mikel Obi had to donate some of his cash to help the cash strapped team. He told Vanguard: “My next step is that I am done with Nigeria for now.” “You can’t keep going to a place where they don’t appreciate you. It does not worth it. Sometimes it is not about the money but the approach. They seem not to appreciate the sacrifices. I know how much I have sacrificed since the team began camping two years ago. “How can you keep going to people who don’t appreciate you? It does not make sense, so I am done for now. I have to go somewhere else where they will appreciate what I have done and what I can do and pay me the respect that I deserve.”

0 comments:

Copyright © 2013 Derasin